Friday, August 05, 2005

Hey! Where are all your manners?

I do not understand why nowadays, people are getting more & more stingy... They are getting so stingy that I no longer can tolerate with them!

Stingy with $$$? I still can understand, at least this helps you "build up" your wealth huh? But, why one need to be stingy with the basic manners? Why is it so difficult to say "Please", "Excuse Me", "Sorry", "Thanks"? By saying all these, you will not have any cents lesser! And worse of all, stingy with a big warm smile... Or maybe you are just too shy to show your yellowish, stained teeth?

Com'on, these are just some basic manners! If you can't even do such simple stuff, how do you expect the world to change for the better, and become a better place to live in?

At times, I offer my seat to the more "needy ones", they simply take over the seat without saying thanks. Not that I need you to show me gratitude just because I offer my seat to you, but, can you at least show me a smiling face? This helps to brighten up my day.

Many times, people stepped on my foot without saying "Sorry", some even stared at me as if it was my fault. While others simply turned their face away, and not even a sense of guilt! How do I react? Well, if I'm in a good mood, I'll forgive them. If not, I will stare at them & simply say loudly, "Some people simply don't know how to say sorry, what RUDE manners!!!" Often, I see that stranger's face turned red from embarrassment after my stmt. Ha, serve you right!

Not sure if you are aware of the left-right rule of using the escalators. The right side of the escalators are meant for people rushing for time. But many times, idiots simply stand there and even if they can hear from behind that someone rushing up the escalators, they remained stand still. Well, if I have asked for you to "excuse me" and you simply love to be a statue, sorry, I will just have to knock my way through!

Many times people just pushed their way out of the congested train without saying "Excuse Me", they can't even be bothered if they have knocked against you. In some other instances, people simply remained stagnant without giving way, even when you ask them to kindly excuse you so that you can get out of the train cabin. For these idiots, I have my own way to deal with them. I'll try to be nice and polite to them, telling them to please excuse me. Should after having said 3x of "Excuse Me" and still no response/reaction from them, I will push my way through, purposely knocking them to give them a taste of being so inconsiderate! So, am I considered as rude for purposely knocking them, but not forgetting that prior to that, I have politely requested for "Excuse Me" 3x??? I have no answer to that... Just like I have no answer to whether I'm a devil or an angel...

No comments: